Friday, March 13, 2015

The Land of Stories [series]

"We believe in ordinary acts of bravery
in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another"
             ~Dauntless Faction Manifesto [Divergent]


Title: The Land of Stories [series]

#1. The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell
#2. The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns
#3. The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning
#4. The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms


Genre: Fantasy Fiction

Age group: 10 and up

Author: Chris Colfer

My Opinion:

         Amazing! Absolutely stunning. A complete masterpiece and one of my favorite series. I definitely recommend this series to those who crave fantasy and magic, talking animals, and a truck load of creativity. At first I thought that this book would be better for younger kids, due to the fairyland simplicity of first glance. Boy was I wrong! This is one of the most magical, mystical, and imaginative books I've ever read, and it left me wanting more. Every page is filled full of adventure and wonder. The plot has been intricately layed out, and is so unlike any other that I could barely put the book down long enough to eat. Chris Colfer does a terrific job at keeping an overlying theme throughout the series, linking the books together. This is a truly incredible book series so different from all others. What makes these books so great is that they are fun and easy to read, and can be read over and over again without boredom, each time, discovering something new to the story. This is one of my favorite books, and will always be. Chris Colfer's an extremely talented writer, and I'm so happy and grateful that he's putting his talent out into the world for others to enjoy as well!










If you liked the Land of Stories series, you may also enjoy:






                                           








The School for Good and Evil [series]                                         The Sisters Grimm [series]

No comments:

Post a Comment